ONE NATIONAL DANCE FINALS
Scoring and Category Placement
Each dancer will receive one of the below placements below for participation in a category. Placement will be based on the average score given by three adjudicators out of 100 marks.
- 1st Place
- 2nd Place
- 3rd Place
- Performance Award
Special awards will be given by one of our esteemed judges at every awards ceremony during each regular competition day.
OVERALL AND SPECIAL AWARDS
Over $50,000 in cash awards and scholarships will be awarded at ONE including the following:
- The ONE
- The ONE Runner Up
- Overall Line/Ext. Line awarded in each age division (Mini/ Junior/ Intermediate/ Senior)
- Overall Large Group awarded in each age division (Mini/ Junior/ Intermediate/ Senior)
- Overall Small Group awarded in each age division (Mini/ Junior/ Intermediate/ Senior)
- Overall Duet/Trio awarded in each age division (Mini/ Junior/ Intermediate/ Senior)
- Overall Top 10 Solos awarded in each age division (Mini/ Junior/ Intermediate/ Senior)
1st $200 +Scholarship
2nd $150 +Scholarship
3rd $100 +Scholarship
4th- 10th Scholarship
- ONE Shot: The Solo Competition awarded in each age division (Mini/ Junior/ Intermediate/ Senior)
Note: In order to qualify for One Shot: The Solo Competition, please refer to our rules and regulations.
1st $400 +Scholarship
2nd $250 +Scholarship
3rd $150 +Scholarship
Other Awards Include:
- Adjudicators Choice Competitive Choreography Award in each age division: Mini, Junior, Intermediate, Senior
- Overall Production
- Overall Part-Time Awards in each age division: Mini, Junior, Intermediate, Senior
- The ONE Overall Part-Time Group
- Adjudicators Choice Part-Time Choreography Award
- Top solos will be awarded in each age division: Mini, Junior, Intermediate, Senior
- ONE on ONE Improv Challenge
- ONE of a Kind Entertainment Award in each age division: Mini, Junior, Intermediate, Senior
- ONE of a Kind Technical Excellence Award in each age division: Mini, Junior, Intermediate, Senior
High Score Discipline Awards
- High Score Ballet 12 and under; 13 and over
- High Score Jazz 12 and under; 13 and over
- High Score Tap 12 and under; 13 and over
- High Score Hip Hop 12 and under; 13 and over
- High Score Acro 12 and under; 13 and over
- High Score Musical Theatre/Song & Dance 12 and under; 13 and over
- High Score Contemporary/Modern 12 and under; 13 and over
- High Score Lyrical 12 and under; 13 and over
- High Score Open 12 and under; 13 and over
Each eligible studio will be represented with one highest scoring group from 3 of the 4 competitive age divisions: Mini/Junior, Intermediate and Senior. (Mini and Junior age divisions are combined solely for The ONE) To promote strength and diversity in all ages and disciplines, each group must be from a different dance genre/category. If there is an overlap in dance genres from one age division to another, the second highest scoring group from the lower score of the two groups in question will be bumped up by default. In addition, each studio will have the opportunity to choose a "WILD CARD" group routine which could be from any of the 4 competitive age divisions but must represent a different dance genre/category than the other 3 qualifying groups.
The ONE studio VICTOR will receive a $15,000.00 CASH Prize!!!!
To note for The ONE:
- Demi-Character, Ballet, Pointe and Contemporary Ballet categories will all fall under the Ballet Genre.
- Song & Dance and Musical Theatre will be grouped into one Genre.
- Contemporary & Modern will also be grouped into one Genre.
- In order for a studio to be eligible to enter into The ONE, they must have a minimum of 10 groups entered into the competition AND cover all four competitive age divisions.
ONE Shot - The Solo Competition
In this special portion of the competition, solo dancers will compete for a chance to win the title of ONE Shot: The Solo Competition VICTOR in each of four competitive divisions: Mini, Junior, Intermediate, Senior.
Dancers entered in this category will be involved in the following:
- Audition classes, including Ballet and Jazz/Lyrical disciplines;
- Performance in the opening number at The Victors: A Black and Gold Affair Awards Show; this will include mandatory rehearsals throughout the competition week;
- Solo performance; the solo danced in the ONE Shot competition cannot compete in the regular competition.
- One Shot Improv: all dancers will be invited to the stage and will be given between 30 seconds to one minute to listen to a piece of music selected by the competition directors and/or judges. Following that, each student will return to the stage one at a time and perform their 45-second improvisational solo. Each dancer’s piece of music will be different and can be any style of music. One Shot Improv is available in all age divisions: Junior, Intermediate, and Senior. Dancers will be scored and awarded based on musicality, creativity and movement. Improv soloists MUST be registered alongside studio routines. Entries will not be accepted onsite for the Improv categories. Please include any dancers interested in the Improv category in your entry estimation upon booking your location.
Each competitor will receive an exclusive ONE Shot participants gift!
Our ONE Shot VICTORS will receive a $500.00 CASH award and will be invited to perform their winning solo on our upcoming regional tours and National Finals!
To note for ONE Shot – The Solo Competition:
The ONE Shot VICTORS cannot compete in the ONE Shot solo competition in the following year.
ONE on ONE - The Improv Challenge
Dancers will be divided into two or more teams, depending on the final number of participants. The competition conveners will determine teams. Dancers will improv two at a time for an adjudicator's live score out of 10. The adjudicators’ panel will consist of three judges. The team to win the most ONE on ONE rounds of improv will be named the VICTORS and receive medal acknowledgement.
All competitors will receive an exclusive ONE on ONE Improv Challenge participant gift!
To note for the ONE on ONE Improv Challenge:
Divisions: Junior – 12 years and under; Teen – 13 years and up
Entry fee: $50.00 per dancer
Dress: Regular dancewear is required. Dress as though you are attending a workshop, audition or convention setting.
Music/Genre: The music selected varies in style and interpretation. Dancers should be prepared to dance in any of the following genres: Jazz, Contemporary, and Lyrical. Tap improv is also welcomed.
All dancers will be asked to meet backstage 30 minutes prior to their scheduled performance to receive a briefing and team designation.
Please Note: Monetary Awards are a reflection of the entries.